The meteorologists are calling for temperatures in the low 70s later this week which means we may see mid to upper 60s. Not too shabby! Us ‘North Westerners’ consider that shorts weather! So join in the spring attitude and get outside. Here are a few ideas…
• Enjoy lunch on the deck of Downriggers as you watch the WSF come and go, the whale watch boats bring adventuresome folks in from the trip, and possibly ‘Popeye’ the resident one-eyed seal
• Be adventurous and take a trip on the San Juan Outfitters boat to see the whales and other beautiful scenery around the islands
• Get a delicious latte or cup of tea from Crow’s Nest and walk the docks at the Port of Friday Harbor
• Head to the south side of the island and go agate hunting on South Beach, I hear you can find huge agates there!
• Go mid island and enjoy a glass of San Juan Vineyards wine on their deck while watching our resident camel, Mona, parade around enticing passersby to feed her
• Continue to the north side of the island and enjoy an ice cream cone while walk through the sculpture park just before you get to Roche Harbor Resort
• Walk the loop around Armadale Road-White Point Road and stop in at the local gin distillery; I understand it’s quite tasty!
Try a few or all of these things in the days and weeks to come. These are just some of the many wonderful things that we get to enjoy by living on this beautiful island. Enjoy the smiles and hello’s as you walk by others, the sound of the birds soaring overhead, the sound of the waves crashing onto shore, or simply the peace and quiet when you sit down and take a minute to smell the proverbial roses.
The San Juans are truly a magnificent place!