Many people come to the islands because they have heard about the beautiful views or amazing wildlife.
What often happens is that people fall in love with so much more. There is no doubt that the islands are truly stunning between the fields of lavender, sweeping valley views, water views toward Canada and the mountains. But those that take the time to look a little deeper will not be disappointed. Is seems as though the recognition is spreading nationwide. In just the past few months a few new accolades have been handed to this little string of islands in the Pacific NW.
• San Juan Island named in MSN’s Top 10 Sailing Destinations – http://local.msn.com/travel/guys-guide-to-travel/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=257820289
• San Juan Island named #1 Island on TripAdvisors Top 10 Islands – http://www.usatoday.com/story/dispatches/2013/03/26/tripadvisor-best-islands/2021969/
• President Obama proclaims San Juan Islands National Monument to protect the precious land – http://www.sanjuanislandsnca.org/
• Friday Harbor named Top 10 ‘Art Walk’ town – http://www.sanjuanjournal.com/community/200114111.html
• Friday Harbor High School Ranked 5th in the State of Washington – http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/washington/districts/san-juan-island-school-district/friday-harbor-high-school-21143
So no matter what your reason for coming to visit, you are sure to find a common thread between your personal interests and one of the many things that makes this a very special place.
Enjoy the natural beauty or the people that come to call this home and make this one of the best and most scenic places to live in the US.